星期三, 六月 23, 2010

Travels

Nothing a much happening. As usual. Did my job application today. Though...It's not exactly completed. Just missing out on one stupid email address. Then, I should be done with it. That, one, my boss's email.

SO. What am I applying for? Erm... Coles, Easy Way Tea & Bunnings. Yep. Don't know what's that? Google (Australia) it. Hahaha. Yes, I know I'm irritating.

Remembered I mentioned how I have 2 of my friends who went backpacking? Well, just saw one of their profile picture on Facebook. It was an awesomely cool display picture. *Envy*

This got me thinking on the places I want to go, should I have the capability to. *Dreaming*

So... Egypt's definitely one of them. I think it's quite a possible destination. Visit the deserts. The tombs. The pyramids. It's been a childhood fantasy of mine to go there actually. I think that fantasy was heavily influenced by the Tomb Raider game... Hmmm...

And I suppose Venice is one of those place I would like to visit too. Again, influence from Tomb Raider game. The second series, to be more precise.

Machu Picchu seems like an interesting place too...

Oh, Oh! And how can I ever forget Russia. More specifically, I want to go Chernobyl. Chernobyl. It's this place in Russia, near Ukraine, where it's left deserted. Abandoned. I would really really love to go there.





What's so amazing about the place? Well, I first knew of it's existence from... Erm... A game. Yes, what the hell right. You must be thinking my knowledge of everything comes from games now. ANYWAY, so, the place have been described by many others as being frozen in time since the nuclear explosion from the plant in April 1986.

Since then, the place have been left isolated. A boundary had been set around it to prevent people from entering it so easily. But in recent years, people have start moving back in. Though not to the core of the explosion. More of on the outskirts of the area. And hopefully, it'll stay like that for the next 50 years or so.

And then, during which, hopefully, I get enough funds to go there and have a look for myself & go camera crazy, snapping away at each & every single thing. I'll probably have to bring 2 monsters of a SD card when I do.

Ooh... I can't stop dreaming about it.

Well, besides Chernobyl, there's this place called the Dancing Forest (I think), due to the nature of the trees. It's... 38km from Curonian Spit. So they say. And while they appear weird. I think they're amazing all the same. Kind of like, a page out from fantasy books.




Just some of the trees in the forest. No idea how they turn up like that.

And... Well, there's this place in the Kamchatka Peninsula. A volcanic area, erm... Caldera of Uzon (that's a volcano). Supposedly, it's near the Valley of Geysers.

Why there? Well, 'cos there's hot pools, boiling mud pools, hot wells and mud volcanoes. Nothing amazing, yeah. But all these things are found side by side. Okay, not that interesting enough yet. Well, to me, it's the abundant of vegetation there. Not just any vegetation of course, but vegetation & seaweed of extraordinary colors. Yep. I've seen some photos of it. They just look amazing.





Erm... Yeah. It's another photo spot for me. That's one reason why I would like to go there.

And gosh. There are so many more places. I just can't name them all here. It'll take too much space & it's too long anyway. Like, even Antarctic is one of the places I would like to go. It will probably be one of my dying regrets that I'd never gone there, since going there for leisure is just a fucking hell of a price. If you get what I mean. And there's also the 7 (past, present & counting) Wonders of the World? Not forgetting more commonly known places like Maldives, Hawaii, Grand Canyon, Nigeria Falls... Ahh! The thought of all these are killing me.

I think Russia's a pretty amazing place, that I do.

Watched "Just Follow Law" today. Yea, I know. I'm slow & lagging. But hey, so what? At least I watched it. And I'm finding it quite hilarious.

Black & white.

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home