星期一, 六月 25, 2007

Monday Blues

Came back home to switch on the tee-vee. Just happened to catch this show on Celestial Movie (Cable Channel 61). It's called "伴我同行" or "One of the Lucky Ones" in English. Basically, it's about this girl called 程文辉(chen wen hui) who turned blind at 6months old due to some medicine. Well, so from then on she was blind and was taken care of by an old maid, 和姐(he jie), serving the house. People in her town looked down on her & her granny intends to sell her off 'cos she was like a burden & disgrace to them. But thanks to the maid, that didn't happened. This girl here, she was also very interested in studying (like any of us will). So, one thing led to another and she began studying at a school nearby. Times were bad, her father was almost jobless & there was civil war happening. But the maid took out her savings to let her study. So touching. Anyway, soon, the family left the town due to war and went to Hong Kong. Blah blah blah, times were tough, everyone worked, her sister died, the maid didn't get paid (she offered not to) and through some miracle, she got a scholarship to study overseas in US (US was the country offering studies for the blind). So, it's 'bout this girl who overcame hardships & became the first ever visually impaired Chinese girl to complete a University Degree.

It's a rather old movie, the pictures tell it, I was surprised that I was watching it myself. But it's a good show, I supposed. Very sad & touching moments here & there. Oh, by the way, the story is real, alright. It's a true life story. Supposedly, she retired in L.A. in the year 1989, so I think she's still alive. But very old if she is. I supposed that's what made me continue watching it.

So, it's blocks now. But I find myself blogging more than ever. Watching tee-vee some more. I'm digging my own grave. And I've still got Geog Paper 1 & Physics Paper 3 tomorrow. Damn it's 1600 and I've not started yet. Argh. I so hate myself.

I'm still hating myself just so to let you know... But still, oh wells...


Here's the deal. You look over the
following list and see how many of
these things you have done. BUT you
have to ADD up the money amount along
the way.
PS, the smaller the amount the BETTER!!!!!

1. Had sex: $6.00
2. Smoked: $5.00
3. Got drunk: $5.00
4. Went skinny dipping: $3.00
5. Kissed someone of the opposite sex: $4.00
6. Kissed someone of the same sex: $4.00
7. Cheated: $2.00
8. Fell asleep in class: $0.50
9. Been expelled: $5.00
10. Been in a fist fight: $3.00
11. Given oral: $5.00
12. Got oral: $5.00
13. Prank called the cops: $3.00
14. Stole something: $2.00
15. Done drugs: $5.00
16. Dyed your hair: $0.50
17. Done something with someone older (like a few years): $3.00
18. Went out with someone OVER 18 (if your under 18): $4.00
19. Ate a whole tin of Oreos: $0.50
20. Cried yourself to sleep: $1.00
21. Said you love someone but didn't mean it: $1.00
22. Been in love: $4.00
23. Got caught doing something that you shouldn't have been doing: $1.00
24. Went streaking: $4.00
25. Got arrested: $5.00
26. Made out with someone at the movies: $2.00
27. Peed in the pool: $0.50
28. Played spin the bottle: $1.00
29. Done something you regret: $3.00

So, how much is your bounty? Hehz.
I'm worth $39. Astonished? Well, so am I.

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home