星期日, 十一月 08, 2009

Wow

Alright. I know I should be asleep at this time. But then, I'm afraid of losing all these memories. So, logging them down right now.

Well, start things off first. This morning, woke up at 0700+ hrs. Went out for a run with my brother.

Actually ran to Area S, with was a first for me, and for him, I believe. Well, I had been to that area before, looked at a few houses here and there. And we were discussing how awesome it would be to stay there. It's really a great place to raise a family. Serious.

We also chanced to enter a house under-going renovations. Just simple renovations. That was when I'd first realised that the house, despite its looks from the outside and all, actually seems quite small on the inside. Hmmm...

Then, came the ultimatum. We really had a lucky break. Actually found an area, which even I had never came across before. And never knew existed. It was awesome. There were this house (abandoned) which was like. Dinosaurausly gigantic! It was really awesome.

Further down the road, was 2 more houses. Not as monstrous as the first, but still managed hold its own ground. Well, entered one of them. And it was, interesting. Really, really interesting. Well, at least for me & him.

Yep.

Just a few hours back, met up with Susanna, Curina, Martin, Lionel, Shihui & Xinyi to watched "Sister's Keep". It was a good show. Though it could get kind of confusing because the show kept switching between the past & the present, but if one is able to keep up, I think it's not that bad a show. Shan't comment more. Heheh.

Argh... Chest pain acting up again. Oh, did I mention that during this morning's run, my brother noticed I had a blue-black mark behind my left knee cap? Seemed to arise from my running, 'cos I'm dead certain that I had not banged my leg against anything. Sigh...

And so, think it was today. Was it? Yeah, today. Chatted with one of them girls I had met at this course. It was... I don't know. I seriously don't know what to make of it.

Crap. Actually forgot to kept a log of the conversation. Fell asleep.

Anyway, what happened was that she started about NS stuff. Then saying how girls need not serve NS. Then how gays are treated or something in NS. So, then I went on to comment on why girls need not serve NS. Came across as money-minded? Well, we have to look at things practically, don't we? At least from a government's stand point.

Then somehow, led to the discussion diverting money from defense budget to making world peace. Irony, isn't it?

Seriously, I could go on & on debating with her on why people don't do that. But, it's just pointless. We'll just go in circles. Ah, fuck. Thinking 'bout it now, I'm just thinking: Screw it.

Well, so, her point was that with all the money in the world, why can't we help the poor? Why can't we make world peace? And to her, world peace starts with her. It would be really cool to think like that. Really. Not being sarcastic her or what. But honestly. It's great when one thinks naively like that about such matters. But, I'm just not like that.

I'm not saying that I'm an expert. A wise guy. Someone who has seen the world. Who knows & understand the world. But, unless you're a world leader. Or a nation leader at the very least, there's no way you could do that "World peace starts with me" campaign.

So, just bear with me people. Let me rant. Here's my stand on world peace.

World peace is simply impossible. As in, not impossible-impossible that war is imminent and such. But that like helping the poor, rid of crimes & such. Yup. The perfect world. That's impossible.

First thing first, helping the poor. Government bodies are more concerned with helping their nation first. Only when their nation prosper, or are at least stable, then would they start to help others. They can't possibly let their nation slumber back into the previous era, just to help out another country rise one era. Also, this is what I think, not sure if it even exist, but, what about laws? International law & things like that. To help another country, I don't think it's just as simple as snapping of one's finger and say: Alright gentlemen, country x isn't doing as good as us all. Let's all do something about it and help them. It's just bullshit to me.

Then, even if they DO want to help out and are willing to. No strings attached, no obligations, no returns expected, no deals, no trades. What of the receiving party? Will they accept it? Take the Rastas for example. Alright, I agree it's a weak argument. But in a way, the Rastafari movement rejects the western society. By reject, I would take it to be total reject? Not even acceptance & understanding of it? That's a consideration to look into.

Alright, say that I'm wrong. They just don't want to adopt the western society. But they do understand it, see it, accept it and just don't practice it. Then... *sensitive, sensitive, sensitive* what about them people in other particular parts of the world? I mean, they're like, ready to go to war with anyone anytime. It's just that we're not willing to start one massive one. Lesson learnt from World War II. Fat man & Little Boy. Talking about war. Then comes history into play. Hitler? Yeah. Damn famous. I admit, I don't know the whole story. But I'm dead sure that he did some very very atrocious stuff. All we need is someone like that to do it all over again. Then what of the Khmer Rouge? Not recent, yes, but still relevant, no?

Ah, crap. This can go on & on forever. Finality, world peace is just next to impossible to achieve. Too much factors. Too much considerations (Yes, damn it. Considerations). And you want to factor in human nature. Till the day where humans unite to save Earth, like really cutting everything back and all, otherwise, I don't think I'll see world peace in the future. Though I would prefer to.

And people, remember, that's only the bigger scale. What of the small scale? City, neighborhood. Those criminals? Humans are humans. Humans are animals too in a way. Just highly intellectual animals. Greed, anger, lust, apathy, et cetera. They're not called the seven sins for nothing. They aren't there for no reasons.

And then there is those hatred that are just so deep down within. Passed from generations to generations. Till they forgot for what reasons they fight. Things like that. And when they make peace (if they ever do), somewhere, some new fights will occur.

As what I'd mentioned in a post before. Man are born evil/bad. And it's good that they learn. And this good is conscience (is it spelled that way?!). And to quote Alert Einstein, "So long as there are men, there will be wars."

Oh gosh. Pretty negative viewpoint huh.

But of course, just like in Pandora's Box, there's always something called Hope. All ain't lost yet, of course. Otherwise, we would be living in a post-apocalyptic world by now.

I really ought to go sleep now. Yawn...

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home