星期四, 三月 25, 2010

Fallout.

I really think that I watched & play too much post-apocalyptic world stuff already.

Sunday, was Kingsway City 14th. Went there on the weekends to help out. Saturday was very much like packing NDP bags. But not as many items in a bag. Then Sunday was the actual day. Was the balloon man. Hahaha. At least that was what the parents of those little kids labeled me as. Gosh. It was funny & weird to be called that. Hahahah.

But it was a fun job. Giving out balloons to small little children. And a few teens. Heheh.

Then Monday, had this awesome fieldtrip. Went all the way up North. Up to Yanchep. Think that's approximately 50km away from Perth.

It was a good & pretty interesting fieldtrip. Well, at least better than the other one we had the other time. Even had BBQ after the whole thing. BBQ by the beach, with a hill nearby. A view that one can never ever get in Singapore. It was just bloody amazing & awesome. Can so imagine myself & a group of friends nua-ing away there. *Sigh*

But the real highlight of the trip was the way back. Weird, right? Not exactly. 'Cos we experienced a hailstorm on the way back. And our driver was garang enough to continue driving while all the other cars took shelter under trees that would fit their cars. That sight, was already pretty much looking like the end of the world already.

There's a video. Refer to Facebook for it some time later.

Got back home. And thankfully I had requested to be dropped off early ('cos the bus route just so happen to past by my house). Else I would be like everyone else in my course. Stuck in school. 'Cos shortly after I got home, it started pouring like nobody's business. And remember the hailstorm earlier? Well, that particular storm got my room wet. My bed, floor. So, will be sunning them for quite some days. In the meantime, sleeping on the couch.

This is where the really-like-post-apocalyptic-world-scenario starts to kick in. Sleeping on the couch is one thing. But what if there wasn't any power? Yea...

I was just happily (or not) shifting my room, so that the sun will reach the wet areas, when it started pouring. The light flickered a few times. Suddenly. Black. Darkness. I was like. Whoa...

It was then torchlight out, closed all windows and doors. And then switching off all appliances. No power, no phone, no internet. And the storm was really bad. So bad, it affected the mobile's reception as well. So, it was effectively handphone-less. How's that for post-apocalypse world. Muahahah.

And the thing lasted for 2 whole days. Pretty exciting & fun, I say. Haha. Was quite an experience also.

So, that's about it. Oh. Swarm of millipedes invaded the house just now. No idea how or why. But round them up and tortured them to death. Yeah, well, that's for pissing me off.

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home